Helpful Vegan Baking Tips
- Get a couple oven thermometers to place in your oven. Most ovens are off by about 25 degrees which is a make or break deal for your recipes.
- Make no substitutions when following vegan baking recipes. Baking is an exact science and vegan baking is an extremely exact science.
- When baking things in an oven, preheat the oven until the desired temperature is achieved before putting in the item to be baked.
- When baking things in an oven, place item to be baked on the middle rack unless otherwise noted.
- For things like cookies, use parchment paper instead of lightly oiling the cookie sheet or using teflon. Parchment paper makes things much easier.
- Always coat cooking sheets or pans with a light film of oil before using (except when using parchment paper).
- Vegan recipes are usually cooked at cooler temperatures for a longer period of time because we’re relying on sugars and starches for binding instead of dairy products.
- Desserts should be a little over-sweet before they are placed in the oven because during baking some of the sweetness diminishes.
- Oil and salt are essential for every dessert recipe because they're important flavor enhancers. Don’t skimp on adding oil. Low fat usually means low taste. It’s plant-based fat so don’t worry about it.
- I've found that most vegan baked goods that utilize tofu are not that tasty. If you have to use tofu in a baking recipe, avoid using Nigari tofu. Nigari tofu is a Japanese style tofu that uses magnesium chloride as a coagulating agent (as opposed to calcium sulfate), making it super firm. This is great for some applications but usually not baked items. Blending Nigari tofu in a baked item will usually add an undesirable grainy texture.
- Get a really good quality 5 cup capacity food processor if you can afford it. You'll use it all the time if you spend time in the kitchen. I've used my KitchenAid food processor almost daily for the last ten years and wholeheartedly recommend it.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment! That’s where all recipes come from.
- Buy organic and in bulk whenever possible. You'll save money, support sustainable farming practices and be healthier.
- Clean as you go. Cleaning up is much easier when you do it one bit at a time. Eliminating an hour of washing and wiping at the end of your baking session makes baking way more fun.
- Listen to plenty of music while baking. It helps get those creative juices flowing.
Get a price on the Instant Read Thermometer I Recommend at Amazon.
I just want you to know that I’m deeply grateful for your amazing post! Thanks for the kindness in sharing your expertise to us.
oxybreath Pro reviews
Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting,
What is the key to great communication and writing skills? You guessed it, reading. It has been proven that children who read better, preform better in school and have a more active imagination, leading to a larger world and more possibilities for success.
great baking tips
Thanks for sharing valuable tips.
but please clarify the line
"Always coat cooking sheets or pans with a light film of oil before using (except when using parchment paper)"
music is the best
your article is so good i always visit your website
Rubbish Removal - get rid of all of the junk that's often a side-effect of moving house when you schedule our rubbish removals option. We'll swiftly dispose of all kinds of waste in the most environmentally-friendly manner.
wilson removals london
Save Removals also offer a store collection and delivery service of furniture; sofas, beds, wardrobes etc. from the companies shown below, as well as items bought on eBay and Amazon. This tailor-made service covers the whole of the London area.
Moving to England
We have 30,000 sq ft of Warehousing Facilities offering Short & Long Term Storage, Fulfilment, Pick & Pack, Container Divaning, Bespoke Report Solutions
Want to transport a few items from A to B or relocate your office equipment? Angela Removals Streatham has got exactly what you need to do it in a safe and smooth manner. Thanks to our experienced and skilled team we will help you carry off your moving day without any physical efforts and headaches. Just sit back and relax while our professionals take care of everything for you.
jules removals blackheath
Jules’ Removals is your go-to local choice for removals in Blackheath, also in partnership with a very experienced moving company called “Huddersfield Removals”. Having helped local people and business owners move house and commercial premises for over ten years, we’ve got everything we need to help you make your moving day an easy one. What would you need to make your move smooth and easy?