Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are no nonsense soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies like your vegan grandma used to make. Over the years I've learned a lot about the art of cookie making and these are simple to make but still pack lots of flavor into a chewy, chocolatey chippity package. The secret to this cookie recipe is having just the right ratio of fat, water and golden flax meal. The molasses also adds chewiness and the cinnamon adds a touch of flavor complexity. Finally, the way the cookies are formed results in just the right shape. These cookies are also great for ice cream sandwiches.
Find more Easy recipes on Veganbaking.net
Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe2 Tablespoons golden flax meal
3 Tablespoons water
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cups + 2 Tablespoons (188 grams) or 1 ¾ sticks Regular Vegan Butter or margarine, room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar
2 teaspoons molasses
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Prepare your flax gel mixturePreheat your oven to 350F (177C). In a small bowl whisk together the flax meal and the water. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes so the mixture thickens. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2) Whisk together the dry ingredientsIn a medium mixing bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until well incorporated. Set aside. For a Holiday twist, add a ½ teaspoon cardamom here as well.
3) Cream the Vegan Butter and other ingredientsIn another medium mixing bowl cream the Vegan Butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the flax meal mixture from step 1 followed by the molasses and vanilla extract.
4) Mix the vegan cookie doughAdd the flour mixture from Step 2 and mix until just incorporated. The dough will be thicker than traditional non-vegan cookie dough so don't be afraid to use your hands to mix it together if you need to. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5) Transfer the cookie dough to the sheets and bake to perfectionForm the dough into 1 ½ inch balls. Place them on the cookie sheet so they're spaced about 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking duration. These cookies will not turn golden as they bake so it's important to pay attention to the baking time. Cookies will store in an air tight container at room temperature for about one week or in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to six months. This recipe makes about 22 to 24 Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Get a price on the Baking Sheet I Recommend at Amazon.
Om nom nom
Looks Delicious, gonna try this at home asap!!
This recipe looks fantastic! I've been looking for a good vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe. Can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing!
How to add More Protein
I love to add more protein to my cookies as I use them as a pre-workout meal. Would you be able to add peanut butter or a scope of protein to make them higher in protein?
This way I get some protein and a little boost before my workout.
Check this out.
Having this can of diet is really helpful. https://www.drywallbaltimore.com
Thank god for no butter
I love to try new recepies for cookies, because being lactose intalerant i am not aloud to have any dairy the wife says.
I love that this receipe also has cinnimon in it as its not a normal ingerenedant in chocolate chip cookies.
Keep up the good work on these recepies and will keep trying different items from this blog,
This is such a recipe, I couldn't recommend it enough!
Chips with Chocolates
Cookies with Chocolates, I baked some of this chips, filled with chocolates, the result is chocolate is so sweet when eating the cookies.
Thanks for sharing this great recipe, would love to see more posts from here.
Awesome chocolate chip
This recipe of chocolate chip cookies is a must try! It's been a weeks since my first attempt to do this and my kids loves it so much.
Love me some Vegan Recipes
Top 100 Reviewer
View all my reviews (3)
Loving this recipe!
I've tried this recipe and it was perfect! 11/10 rating :)
Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!..